Hello Traveler, this page serves to inform users of GI Pocket Helper on how we manage the daily login feature within our app.
First thing first, let’s get it out of the way:
We DO NOT and WILL NEVER store, modify or use your Mihoyo account login.GI Pocket Helper – 2iins
It is baked into our policy, when we design our apps, that we want the least amount of data possible from our users to maintain the app and functionalities. And it is the case when we are proposing the ability for users to perform their daily login from within our app.
How do we do it?
- We open the Mihoyo daily login page from the native iOS Safari browser. Learn more here – SFSafariViewController (Apple docs). According to Apple’s documentation:
The user’s activity and interaction with
SFSafariViewControllerare not visible to your app, which cannot access AutoFill data, browsing history, or website data.
- You login to your Mihoyo account and the cookie is saved on the native iOS Safari browser.
- Now when you open it again, because the cookie is saved, you will be logged in.
It is as simple as this. There is no manipulation, storage or any thing done to your login or data.
Frequently asked questions
How do I know if you are opening the real Daily login page?
You can verify the URL of the page by tapping on the little Safari icon or the share icon located at the bottom right of the browser. Tapping on the Safari icon will open the page in your phone’s Safari where you can confirm the url. Tapping on the share icon will give you the option to view the url in other applications / messaging platform where you can view the page url and confirm.
How do I log out of the daily check in within your app?
Simply tap on the Daily Login option from the menu and log out the same way you would log out on the Mihoyo daily login page.
Why do I have to log in to my Mihoyo account on your app?
In order for you to be able to claim your daily login, you must log in to your Mihoyo account. We understand you might not feel comfortable, therefore, we would like to assure you of two things:
1. The page is loaded on a Safari browser that resides outside of the app as mentioned above. Therefore, we do not nor do we want visibility on that page.
2. It is entirely optional. Please do not use this feature if you are not comfortable.
If you have any other questions or doubts, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can either contact us via the in app contact form located in the settings page or you can email us at contact[at]2iins[dot]com
Thank you and we hope we are making life easier and better for you as you travel within Teyvat!