2iins built the Check In Event Manager app as a Commercial app. This SERVICE is provided by 2iins and is intended for use as is.
This page is used to inform visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
If you choose to use our Service, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation to this policy.
Information Collection and Use
Check In Event Manager does not collect any information from users outsided of the minimum required for its functionalities to work.
As a host, Check In Event Manager does not collect any of your phone’s information. Check In Event Manager only requires the device’s permission to use the camera while operating in order to scan barcodes/QR codes. Under no circumstances does Check In Event Manager collect / capture / retain any information of the device.
The way we collect your guests’ data is different depending on your usage:
If the event is not shared. Meaning only one phone is used to check in guests:
- All of the guests’ information is stored ONLY on your device. The data does not exist elsewhere. 2iins does not collect or store the information.
- For the generation of QR code, the guests’ information is sent on the fly to our server. There, our server generates the QR codes and sends it out by email to the guests/recipients. Data in transit is hashed and encrypted. The data is ephemeral, for the duration required for our server to generate the QR code and send it off, and does not persist anywhere.
If the event is shared. Meaning multiple users can check in guests:
- The list of guests is stored in our database. The data will persist as long as the event is shared/exists. If you delete the event or unshare it, the guest information is automatically deleted from our database as well.
- If the host (person A) created the event and shared it with Person B, Person B will also have access to the guest list. However, if you unshare the event, Person B will no longer have access to the guest list as it will be deleted from their device.
- For the generation of QR code, the guests’ information is read from our database and sent off to the guests/recipients. The guests’ information persists in our database as long as the event is still shared/exists. The connection between our database and our function to generate QR code/export by email is secure as it is internal and not accessible by anyone else.
- Data stored in our database is hashed and the key to unhashing is the email address used to create the event. 2iins does not have knowledge of that said email address as that exists only on your device. 2iins cannot indentify any user information or personal identifiable information of guests without that key.
The app does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you. Since the application is distributed by Google Play and the App Store the only third party service involved are Apple and Google Play.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our app we do not collect data and information on your phone. Google Play Services and Apple may collect data but 2iins does not have access nor wish to have access to said collected data.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” or collect them.
We value your trust in providing using our services thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Sites
The application may contain links to 2iins.com sites. If you click on a link within the app, you will be directed to that site. We will not link to any third party website other than pages under the 2iins.com domain name.
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not collect any information from children under 13 or anyone for the matter.
– Edited data collection for shared events.